I’m so honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Lambam from Lambam’s World!. This New Year has started off very rough for me to say the least, and it’s been pretty hard for me most days to even muster up the energy to keep going with my blog. I’m so happy that I have continued to push, and get my thoughts out there to the world, and I’m grateful that what I have been publishing has been resonating in so many other people and fellow bloggers. It just gives me the strength to keep going, keep writing and keep my eye on the prize!
So with that said, huge THANK YOU to Lambam, and to everyone who has stopped by, commented, followed and shared my posts on iReminiss! If you guys only knew how hard it was for me to even get going with this and put myself out there, I was literally so scared! Make sure you check out Lambam’s blog, which I’ve linked above. She runs a blog that touches on fashion, lifestyle, beauty and motivation. It’s Sunday so go check out her new series Sunday Breeze where she shares some inspirational posts about God and what He can do for you. I’m excited to keep up with the series, as I love to hear how love for God impacts others in their daily lives. She is an inspiration to myself as I sure she is for many others!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the Blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog
Here are my answers to Lambam’s 11 questions for me:
- Are you an apple or an Android person? I’m an apple person!
- Is this your first blogging award ? Yes, this is my first blogging award!
- what is your favorite post and why? I think my favorite post on my blog thus far is Choose Your Vibe. This was a post that I published as the New Year was approaching, and I think that the things that I talked about were what I really wanted to take with me into the New Year. Not necessarily as a New Year’s resolution, but more so as things to continuously live by in life going forward.
- How do you stay positive? I stay positive by praying and always remembering that there is so much to be grateful for in life, no matter how hard our lives may get. I try to smile regardless of what I am going through, and remember my goals and what it is that I am shooting for in life.
- What does the word Purpose mean to you? To me, when I think of the word Purpose I think what did God put me on this Earth to accomplish? I think that every person we meet, job we take, situation we find ourselves in is for a reason. Bringing us closer to what our greater purpose is in this life.
- where do you see yourself in five years? In 5 years, I see myself back in a big city like New York or Los Angeles, working in Mass Communication/ PR.
- How did you come with the name of your blog? The name of my blog goes back to my Twitter days, when everyone was trying to find some clever name that nobody already had. I wanted something that would play off of my name Anissa, and most people who knew me back in High School called me Niss for short. Just like that I randomly thought of Reminiss like the word Reminisce. Its silly, but it stuck with me on all my social media channels. So when I thought of what I wanted the name of my blog to be, I wanted it to also follow along the same brand of my social media, but since my blog felt so much more personal I decided to make it iReminiss.
- How has blogging changed your life? Blogging has changed my life in a lot of different ways. I feel like journaling has always been a part of me ever since I was young. Back in Middle School and High School my best friends and I used to keep conversation books and write notes to each other all the time as a way to really express ourselves through writing. And even at home by myself I felt like writing was a way to express myself and my many feelings. Nobody really knew, because it was a part of me that I kept hidden from everyone out of fear that they’d find my secrets and think I was just absolutely depressed or something. I’ve always liked to write, but in my mind I wasn’t a good writer. I think that Blogging and more specifically WordPress has changed my life, because now I know that I’m not crazy or depressed for feeling a lot of the things that I feel and it’s comforting connecting with people who have gone through the same things. It’s taught me that my perception of what a good writer is, was all wrong. I had an English teacher in Middle School who always told us that thinking is writing, and I’ve kept that saying with me for so long, because it is.
- What is your dream brand to collaborate with? At this moment, I don’t think I have a dream brand to collaborate with, mainly because I’m not so into brands. But that can change! I’d love to collaborate with a good blogger brand at some point.
- What is your favorite place to do “Me time” My favorite place to do “me time” is at home. I like the comfort and familiarity of just being in my own room, or in my own bed like there’s no place I’d rather be to clear my mind.
- What do you want your readers to take away from your blog? If there’s one thing that I want my readers to take away from my blog its to BE YOU. I think that in life, writing, branding yourself, in whatever, people are going to connect with you and relate to you if you stay true to who you are.
Thank you Lambam for giving me a chance to connect with other bloggers and letting my readers get to know me a little bit more! I loved these questions, they boggled my mind and got me thinking of new posts where I can expand on them!
Here are my 11 nominees:
- Whitney from whitneyibeblog.wordpress.com
- Beth from blogaboutit.org
- Qwania from naturalista4me.com
- Niki from nikimeadows.com
- Ciarra from ciarralorren.com
- Bea from Beafreee.com
- Sam from mylifewithoutreligion.com
- Paige from currentlylately.com
- Treszka from theoliverias.com
- Stormgirl from nightmumbles.com
- Bianca from ancalogy.com
I love all of your blogs!
Here are my 11 questions for you:
- Where are you from?
- What does your blogging space consist of?
- How do you overcome writer’s block?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What are some of your short term and long term career goals?
- How has blogging changed your life?
- What types of hobbies do you have besides blogging?
- Do you read? If so what types of books and who is your favorite author?
- How would the people closest to you describe who you are?
- What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
- What would you like your readers to take away from your blog?
I’m excited to read all of your responses!